- How a drop in Google Ranking can be good
Search Analytics showed a major drop in Average Position (increase of the raw number). So we celebrated.
- Average Position 1.7 is bad: Search Analytics
Search Analytics says your Average Position is 1.7. Don't celebrate yet: that could be very bad news.
- Beware automated reports from Search Analytics data
Automated reports are great time savers. But make sure you aren't fooled by them.
- How to deal with a website traffic attack
If your small business website is attacked, what should you do? When is using a website plugin or module the wrong approach?
- Do not let SEO make your business look bad
How a website unwittingly told searchers not to use their service: a lot easier to do than you might expect.
- Are Search Analytics numbers valid?
Some consider Google's Search Analytics data unworthy of trust. Is it, and why?
- Why keyword ranking reports are lies
Keyword ranking reports are often used to measure SEO success rates. But we mustn't forget they are lies.
- How to Fight Google Analytics Spam
Spam in Google Analytics has become a serious nuisance. Find out how to fight it.
- Should my URL end with a slash (/) ?
Some URLs end with a slash, and some don't. Which should you use and why?
- A Brief History of SEO
Is SEO as easy as it used to be? Why or why not?
- The Importance of Protecting "Trivial" Email
Protecting your email account is as important as protecting your online banking. Learn why, and how you can improve the security of your email.
- The 3 Necessary Ingredients for a Website Part 4
Once you have the three ingredients of domain name, content and web hosting, you need to combine them to create a functioning website.
- The 3 Necessary Ingredients for a Website Part 3
The third of the necessary ingredients for a website is web hosting. I discuss what is web hosting, and why you need it.
- The 3 Necessary Ingredients for a Website Part 2
The second of the three necessary ingredients for a website is content, or text and images. We explain what this means.
- The 3 Necessary Ingredients for a Website
All websites have three required ingredients. They are domain name, content, and hosting. But what do these words mean, and how do you put them together?