Hosting Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: Feb 8, 2018
These terms and conditions are the contract between you and Coherent (“us”, “we”, etc). By visiting or using Our
Website, or signing up for our Hosting Services, you agree to be bound by them.
We are Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd, a company registered in Australia, ABN 15 068 209 576. Trading as
Our address is Suite 9, 1176 Nepean Hwy, Cheltenham Vic 3192.
Our current contact details can be found at
You are: Anyone who uses Our Website or orders Hosting Services from us.
Please read this agreement carefully and save it. If you do not agree with it, you should leave Our Website and stop
using the site or the Hosting Services immediately.
These are the agreed terms
- "Accepted Quotation"
- A formal quotation from Coherent's quotation system, offering specific Hosting Services, where you have
paid all deposits in full and Coherent has agreed in writing, subsequent to confirmed receipt of the
payment, to proceed with supply of the Hosting Services.
- means either of Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd or Coherent Digital
- means the textual, visual or aural content that is encountered as part of your experience on Our Website
Hosting Services. It may include, among other things: text, images, sounds, videos and animations. It
content Posted by you.
- "Designated Agent"
- an entity with explicit authorisation from a domain registrant to approve any changes to the registrant data on their behalf.
- "Fair Usage"
- means the usage of the Hosting Service is within normal levels, is ordinary, does not cause network or
disruption or congestion, and does not adversely affect another person's use of Hosting Services.
- “Hosting Services”
- means all of the services we offer on Our Website or agree in writing to provide, that relate to online
whether free or charged. These services include, but are not limited to: website hosting, CMS hosting,
application hosting (e.g. CRM, ERP), email hosting, DNS hosting, domain registration services.
- "Intellectual Property"
- means intellectual property owned by us, of every sort, whether or not registered or registrable in any
including intellectual property of all kinds coming into existence after today; and including, among
patents, trade marks, unregistered marks, designs, copyrights, software, domain names, discoveries,
and inventions, together with all rights which are derived from those rights.
- “Our Website”
- means any website or service designed for electronic access by mobile or fixed devices which is owned or
by Coherent. It includes all web pages controlled by us.
- means placed on or into Our Website any Content or material of any sort by any means.
- means anyone who visits Our Website.
In this agreement unless the context otherwise requires:
- a reference to a person includes a human individual, a corporate entity and any organisation which is
managed or controlled as a unit.
- a reference to a person includes reference to that person’s successors, legal representatives, permitted
assigns and any person to whom rights and obligations are transferred or pass as a result of a merger,
division, reconstruction or other re-organisation involving that person.
- in the context of permission, “may not” in connection with an action of yours, means “must not”.
- the headings to the paragraphs and schedules (if any) to this agreement are inserted for convenience
only and do not affect the interpretation.
- any agreement by either party not to do or omit to do something includes an obligation not to allow some
other person to do or omit to do that same thing.
- any obligation of any person arising from this agreement may be performed by any other person.
- a reference to an act or regulation includes new law of substantially the same intent as the act or
regulation referred to.
- these terms and conditions apply to all supplies of Hosting Services by us. They prevail over any terms
proposed by you.
- this agreement is made only in the English language. If there is any conflict in meaning between the
English language version of this agreement and any version or translation of this agreement in any other
language, the English language version shall prevail.
- Basis of Contract
- In entering into this contract you have not relied on any representation or information from any source
except the definition and explanation of the Hosting Services given on Our Website, and any applicable
Accepted Quotation for Hosting Services.
- If you use Our Website in any way or make an order on behalf of another person you warrant that you have
full authority to do so and you accept personal responsibility for every act or omission by you.
- Subject to these terms and conditions, we agree to provide to you some or all of the Hosting Services
described on Our Website or Accepted Quotation at the prices we charge from time to time.
- You acknowledge that you understand exactly what is included in the Hosting Services and you are
satisfied that the Hosting Services are suitable and satisfactory for your requirements.
- So far as we allow use of our Intellectual Property, we grant a licence to you, limited to the terms set
out in this agreement.
- Our contract with you and licence to you last until the end of the time period specified in our invoice.
Any continuation by us or by you after the expiry is a new contract under the terms then posted on Our
Website. Your continued use of our Hosting Services after that shall be deemed acceptance by you of the
changed Hosting Service, system and/or terms.
- The contract between us comes into existence only when we write to you to confirm that we agree to
provide to you the Hosting Service you want. Your payment does not create a contract. If we decline to
provide a Hosting Service we shall immediately return your money to your credit card.
- We may change this agreement and / or the way we provide the Hosting Services, at any time. If we do:
- the change will take effect when we Post it on Our Website.
- we will give you notice of the change by including the date of last change on our invoices. If
you do not accept the change, we will refund any money you have pre-paid for future Hosting
- if you make any payment for Hosting Services or goods in the future, you will do so under the
terms Posted on Our Website at that time.
- Your account and personal information
- When you visit Our Website, you accept responsibility for any action done by any person using your name,
account or password. You should take all necessary steps to ensure that the password is kept
and secure and should inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your password has
known to anyone else, or if the password is being, or is likely to be, used in an unauthorised manner.
- You agree that you have provided accurate, up to date, and complete information about yourself. We are
responsible for any error made as a result of such information being inaccurate.
- You agree to notify us of any changes in your information immediately it occurs. If you do not do so, we
terminate your account.
- The price
- The prices payable by you for Hosting Services are clearly set out on Our Website or in a written
addressed to you.
- Prices are inclusive of any applicable goods and services tax unless clearly stated otherwise.
- Renewal payments
- At least two weeks before expiry of the period for which you have paid, we shall send you a message to
known email address to tell you that your licence to use the Hosting Services is shortly to expire and
you to renew. An invoice for the new period will be included.
- At any time before expiry of your licence, you may use the “Account” tab on Our Website to access your
information and change your requirements for Hosting Services or cancel renewal.
- Changes to or cancellation of Hosting Services can also be requested by contacting us by any of the
at the web location referred to at the top of this document, however such requests do not take effect
confirm receipt of your request.
- If you have provided credit card details, at least one day before expiry of your Hosting Services
we shall automatically take payment from your credit card of the sum specified on the invoice sent
shall confirm the renewal of your Hosting Services for a further period by sending you an email message.
- How we handle your Content
- If you Post Content to any public area of Our Website it becomes available in the public domains. We
control who sees it or what anyone does with it.
- Even if access to your text is behind a user registration it remains effectively in the public domain
someone has only to register and log in, to access it. You should therefore avoid Posting unnecessary
- Posting content of any sort does not change your ownership of the copyright in it. We have no claim over
we will not protect your rights for you.
- You understand that you are personally responsible for your breach of someone else’s intellectual
rights, defamation, or any law, which may occur as a result of any Content having been Posted by you.
- You accept all risk and responsibility for determining whether any Content is in the public domain and
- Please notify us of any security breach or unauthorised use of your account.
- Restrictions on what you may Post to Our Website
We invite you to Post Content to Our Website in several ways and for different purposes. We have to regulate
use of Our Website to protect our business and our staff, to protect other users of Our Website and to
with the law. These provisions apply to all users of Our Website.
We do not undertake to moderate or check every item Posted, but we do protect our business vigorously. If we
believe Content Posted breaches the law, we shall co-operate fully with the law enforcement authorities in
whatever way we can.
You agree that you will not use or allow anyone else to use Our Website to Post Content or undertake any
activity which is or may:
- be unlawful, or tend to incite another person to commit a crime;
- consist in commercial audio, video or music files;
- be obscene, offensive, threatening, violent, malicious or defamatory;
- be sexually explicit or pornographic;
- be likely to deceive any person or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity,
affiliation with any person;
- request or collect passwords or other personal information from another user without their permission, nor
any unnecessary personal information about yourself;
- be used to sell any goods or services or for any other commercial use not intended by us, for yourself
any other person. Examples are: sending private messages with a commercial purpose, or collecting
with the intention of passing it to a third party for their commercial use;
- include anything other than words (i.e. you will not include any symbols or photographs) except for a
of yourself in your profile in such place as we designate;
- facilitate the provision of unauthorised copies of another person's copyright work;
- link to any of the material specified in this paragraph;
- Post excessive or repeated off-topic messages to any forum or group;
- sending age-inappropriate communications or Content to anyone under the age of 18.
- Your Posts: restricted content
In connection with the restrictions set out below, we may refuse or edit or remove a Post which does not
comply with these terms.
In addition to the restrictions set out above, a Post must not contain:
- the name, logo or trademark of any organisation other than that of you or your client.
- inaccurate, false, or misleading information.
- Removal of offensive Content
- For the avoidance of doubt, this paragraph is addressed to any person who comes on Our Website for any
- We are under no obligation to monitor or record the activity of any customer for any purpose, nor do we
any responsibility to monitor or police Internet-related activities. However, we may do so without
notice to you
and without giving you a reason.
- If you are offended by any Content, the following procedure applies:
- your claim or complaint must be submitted to us, with an unambiguous description of the location
offending Content, your full contact details, and a short description of the Content intended to
understand why it is offensive. It must be sent to us by post or email.
- we shall remove the offending Content as soon as we are reasonably able;
- after we receive notice of a claim or complaint, we shall investigate so far as we alone
- we may re-instate the Content about which you have complained or not.
- In respect of any complaint made by you or any person on your behalf, you now irrevocably grant to us a
to publish the complaint and all ensuing correspondence and communication, without limit.
- You now agree that if any complaint is made by you frivolously or vexatiously you will repay us the cost
investigation including legal fees, if any.
- Security of Our Website and Hosting Services
If you violate Our Website or Hosting Services we shall take legal action against you. You now agree that you
will not, and will not allow any other person to:
- modify, copy, or cause damage or unintended effect to any portion of Our Website or Hosting Services, or
software used within it;
- link to our site in any way that would cause the appearance or presentation of the site to be different
what would be seen by a user who accessed the site by typing the URL into a standard browser;
- share with a third party any login credentials to Our Website or Hosting Services;
- Despite the above terms, we now grant a licence to you to:
- create a hyperlink to Our Website for the purpose of promoting an interest common to both of us.
without specific permission. This licence is conditional upon your not portraying us or any
in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive manner. You may not use any logo or
graphic or trademark of ours as part of the link without our express written consent.
- copy the text of any page for your personal use in connection with the purpose of Our
Hosting Service we provide.
- Uploading to our servers
- You must not upload to, or store on our servers any material or Content which you are not permitted by
agreement to Post to Our Website.
- You may not share, let or sub-license space on the servers (except as an authorised re-seller).
- Dissatisfaction with the Hosting Services
- Our most important task is to ensure your absolute satisfaction. We will always strive to reach that
However, we acknowledge that mistakes are made occasionally. This paragraph covers that possibility. If
not wholly satisfied with the Hosting Service, please tell us at the earliest opportunity:
- exactly why you think we have failed;
- the date, if relevant, of the failure;
- when and how you discovered the failure;
- the result of the failure;
- your suggestion as to action we should take to resolve the situation and restore your faith in
- To do this, it is essential that you contact us by email at the contact point on Our Website.
- You now agree that you commit a breach of this contract if you seek repayment of money paid to us by
credit card provider to credit back a payment made to us, without attempting to seek repayment from us
that event, you agree that you will owe us first the sum charged to us by our payment service provider
1st January 2018) and secondly a sum based on time spent at $175 per hour in dealing with your breach.
agree that this provision is reasonable.
- This agreement may be terminated:
- upon either of us giving the other 15 days notice in writing addressed by post to the last known land
by e-mail to the last known e-mail address of the other of us. For this and all purposes in connection
agreement, our addresses are as at the head of this document. If your cancellation is to be effective,
give us full information to enable us to identify:
- who you are and;
- that you have proper authority to cancel and;
- the Hosting Services you wish to cancel.
- when we terminate it, without notice, on account of your failure to comply with these terms.
- immediately by either party if a trustee receiver administrative receiver or similar officer is
respect of all or any part of the business or assets of the other party or if a petition is presented or
meeting is convened for the purpose of considering a resolution or other steps are taken for the winding
the other party or for the making of an administration or bankruptcy order (otherwise than for the
purpose of an
amalgamation or reconstruction).
- Any termination of this agreement by this paragraph shall be without prejudice to any other rights or
to which a party may be entitled.
- Termination by either party shall have the following effects:
- your right to use the Hosting Services immediately ceases;
- we are under no obligation to forward any unread or unsent messages to you or any third party;
- we are under no obligation to retain any data, files or Content related to your use of our
- In the event of such termination by us, we will within 15 days refund to you the balance of your payment
Hosting Service, pro rata with time not elapsed;
- In the event of termination by you, we are under no obligation to refund any payments made by you.
- There shall be no re-imbursement or credit if we decide in our absolute discretion that you have failed
comply with any of the terms of this agreement.
- Interruption to Hosting Services
- If it is necessary for us to interrupt the Hosting Services, we will give you reasonable notice where
possible and when we judge the down time is such as to justify telling you.
- You acknowledge that the Hosting Services may also be interrupted for many reasons beyond our control.
- You agree that we are not liable to you for any loss, foreseeable or not, arising from any interruption
- Intellectual Property
You agree that at all times you will:
- not cause or permit anything which may damage or endanger our title to the Intellectual Property;
- notify us of any suspected infringement of the Intellectual Property;
- indemnify us for any loss or expense arising from your misuse of the Intellectual Property;
- on the expiry or termination of this agreement immediately stop using the Intellectual Property except
expressly authorised by us in writing;
- not use any name or mark similar to or capable of being confused with any name or mark of ours;
- so far as concerns software provided or made accessible by us to you, you will not:
- copy, or make any change to any part of its code;
- use it in any way not anticipated by this agreement;
- give access to it to any other person than you, the licensee in this agreement;
- in any way provide any information about it to any other person or generally.
unless the licence terms of that software specifically give you that right.
- not use the Intellectual Property except directly in our interest.
- Bandwidth and data storage
- You agree that bandwidth, storage and other use shall not exceed the contractually specified limits or,
absence of specified limits, Fair Usage.
- If your bandwidth, storage or other requirements exceeds agreed or Fair Usage limits we may in our
- charge the price currently charged by us for the additional usage you have used, such charges to
14 days of the invoice date; or
- if in our opinion your usage puts at risk the continued Hosting Services provisioned to other
limit the Hosting Services we provide to you. We may not be able to give you notice of this.
- We assume no responsibility for the deletion or failure to store or deliver email or other messages.
- We may, from time to time, set a limit on the number of messages you may send, store, or receive through
Hosting Service. We may delete messages in excess of that limit. We shall give you notice of any change
limit, except in an emergency.
- You accept that we cannot be liable to you for any such deletion or failure to deliver to you.
- We maintain reasonable procedures for general backup of data for our own purposes but we give no
your data will be saved or backed up in any particular circumstances unless we have made specific
arrangements with you in writing.
- Disclaimers and limitation of liability
- The law differs from one country to another. This paragraph applies so far as the applicable law
- All implied conditions, warranties and terms are excluded from this agreement. If in any jurisdiction an
condition, warrant or term cannot be excluded, then this sub paragraph will be deemed to be reduced in
only to the extent necessary to release that specific condition, warranty or term.
- The Coherent Website and Coherent Hosting Services are provided “as is”. We make no representation or
that the Hosting Service will be:
- useful to you;
- of satisfactory quality;
- fit for a particular purpose;
- available or accessible, without interruption, or without error;
- Our Website contains links to other Internet websites. We have neither power nor control over any such
You acknowledge and agree that we shall not be liable in any way for the Content of any such linked
for any loss or damage arising from your use of any such website.
- We claim no expert knowledge in any subject. We disclaim any obligation or liability to you arising
indirectly from information you take from Our Website.
- We make no representation or warranty and accept no responsibility in law for:
- malfunction in any hardware provided by you;
- malfunction in any software provided by you;
- malfunction in any software provided by us unless you can prove that it was defective when you
- any firewall provision not specified in the Hosting Services;
- delivery of material or privacy of any transmission;
- accuracy of any content or the impression or effect it gives;
- delivery of content, material or any message;
- third party advertisements which are posted on Our Website or through the Services;
- the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of Our Website or the Services;
- failure or malfunction of computer hardware or software or technical equipment or system
indirectly to your use of the Services;
- You agree that in any circumstances when we may become liable to you, excluding interruption of Hosting
Services, the limit of our liability is the amount you have paid us in the immediately preceding 3 month
for the Hosting Services concerned.
- You agree that in any circumstances where we may become liable to you due to interruption of Hosting
the limit of our liability will be the pro rata amount you paid for the time the Hosting Service was not
available. Calculation of that time will be determined by us, based on server and monitoring logs, and
similar independent means.
- Except in the case of death or personal injury, our total liability under this Agreement, however it
shall not exceed the sum of $1,000. This applies whether your case is based on contract, tort or any
- We shall not be liable to you for any loss or expense which is:
- indirect or consequential loss; or
- economic loss or other loss of turnover, profits, business or goodwill even if such loss was
foreseeable or we knew you might incur it.
- This paragraph (and any other paragraph which excludes or restricts our liability) applies to our
officers, employees, subcontractors, agents and affiliated companies as well as to us.
- Nothing in this agreement excludes liability for a party's fraud.
- You indemnify us
You agree to indemnify us against all costs, claims and expense arising directly or indirectly from:
- your failure to comply with the law of any country;
- your breach of this agreement;
- any act, neglect or default by any agent, employee, licensee or customer of yours;
- a contractual claim arising from your use of the Hosting Services;
- a breach of the intellectual property rights of any person.
For the purpose of this paragraph you agree that the cost of our management and technical time is properly
recoverable and can reasonably be valued at $175 per hour without further proof.
- Miscellaneous matters
- You undertake to provide to us your current land address, e-mail address, telephone number as often as
are changed together with all information that we may require to enable us to fulfil our obligations
- If any term or provision of this agreement is at any time held by any jurisdiction to be void, invalid
unenforceable, then it shall be treated as changed or reduced, only to the extent minimally necessary to
bring it within the laws of that jurisdiction and to prevent it from being void and it shall be binding
that changed or reduced form. Subject to that, each provision shall be interpreted as severable and
not in any way affect any other of these terms.
- The rights and obligations of the parties set out in this agreement shall pass to any permitted
- If you are in breach of any term of this agreement, we may:
- publish all text and Content relating to the claimed breach, including your name and email
correspondence between us and our respective advisers; and you now irrevocably give your consent
- terminate your account and refuse access to Our Website and Hosting Services;
- remove or edit Content, or cancel any order at our discretion;
- issue a claim in any court.
- Any obligation in this agreement intended to continue to have effect after termination or completion
- No failure or delay by any party to exercise any right, power or remedy will operate as a waiver of it
indicate any intention to reduce that or any other right in the future.
- You agree that we may disclose your information including assigned IP numbers, account history, account
etc. to any judicial or proper legal authority who makes a written request without further consent or
notification to you.
- When you visit Our Website or send messages to us by email, you are communicating with us
communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on Our Website. You agree that all our electronic
communications satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- Any communication to be served on either of the Parties by the other shall be delivered by hand or
registered post or recorded delivery or by email.
It shall be deemed to have been delivered:
- if delivered by hand: on the day of delivery;
- if sent by post to the correct address: after 72 hours of posting;
- if sent by us via e-mail to the address from which you last sent e-mail: after 48 hours if no
non-receipt has been received by us.
- if sent by you to the email address referenced at the top of these terms: after 2 complete
- In the event of a dispute between the parties to this agreement, then they undertake to attempt to
the dispute by engaging in good faith with the other in a process of mediation before commencing
- This agreement does not give any right to any third party.
- Neither party shall be liable for any failure or delay in performance of this agreement which is caused
circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- In the event of any conflict between any term of this agreement and the provisions of the constitution
limited company or any comparable document intended to regulate any other corporate or collective body,
the terms of this agreement shall prevail.
- The validity, construction and performance of this agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State
Special additional provisions relating only to domain names
These terms apply when you instruct us to register, renew, transfer in or transfer out, a domain name and are in
addition to the terms set out above. You agree to be bound by them.
- Your undertakings
- You acknowledge that it is your sole responsibility to supply accurate and reliable contact details and
information as well as name of servers. You undertake to supply such accurate, complete full records and
required by any relevant registrar and/or registry and to ensure that such details are kept updated and
- You warrant that to the best of your knowledge neither the registration nor the use of the domain name
legal rights of any third party and that you are authorised to apply for or renew the domain name.
- The registration of a domain name and its continued use is subject (in addition to these terms and
your continued compliance with the terms and conditions of the relevant registrar and/or registry. You
bound by such terms and conditions, including all rules and policies.
- You explicitly confirm that Coherent will act as your Designated Agent in the event of any material
name registrant data.
- Domain name disputes
You acknowledge that:
- the registration or use of a domain name does not necessarily entitle us to use that name in a
- your contract with a relevant registrar and/or registry may provide that the registrar and/or registry
action which might include:
- the suspension or revocation of your application for a domain name; or
- the registration of a domain name allocated to you to a third party.
- we will have no responsibility in relation to any dispute between you and a registrar.
- you agree to indemnify us against all costs, claims and expense, including the reasonable
management time, in respect of any event, act or omission we may be required to take by any third party
jurisdiction, including a domain name registrar and/or registry.
- Action on your default
We may in our absolute discretion cancel, take ownership, dispose of and/or refuse to register, release or
domain name if:
- our fees in respect of that domain name are overdue;
- we are required to do so by regulation or competent authority;
- it is otherwise permitted under these terms and conditions.
- Domain name registration
- We will attempt to register a domain name on your instruction and to notify you of the outcome.
- We do not warrant or guarantee that any domain name will be registered or is capable of registration.
- We are not liable to you in the event that you act upon an anticipated registration before you have
confirmation from us that the domain name has been registered to you.
- Immediately you receive from us notice of registration, you should check the registration particulars
event of error, inform us immediately.
- Domain name renewal
We will not renew a domain name (leaving you solely responsible for renewal) for which we do not receive a
notice, or for which we have not received your instruction to renew. Without limitation, we may not receive
a renewal notice:
- because we are not named as the billing contact;
- because the relevant registrar and/or registry sends the renewal invoices direct to you;
- if the domain name has been transferred to another Internet Service Provider.
- Domain name transfer in
- If we have to transfer your domain name from another Internet service provider to our servers, you
- we may charge additional cost for this service;
- the transfer may take from 2 to 60 days;
- You warrant that you have the full and complete authority of the legal owner of the domain name and you
indemnify us against all costs, awards and damages resulting from the transfer and/or that may be
about by a
- Domain name transfer out
If we receive a request from you or the registrant to transfer a domain name from ourselves to another
service provider, the following procedure applies:
- we will supply to the registrant all information we control that is necessary for the registrant to
- you acknowledge that the registrant is able to effect a transfer direct with the relevant registrar
in certain circumstances and that we will not provide you notice of the transfer.
- we may remove ourselves as the billing, technical or other contact;
- you will not be entitled to any refund for any used period of any Hosting Services;
- you agree that we shall be released from all subsequent obligations, claims, liabilities or demands
or in relation to that domain name.
- you acknowledge that we will not be responsible or obliged to assist should websites, email or other
domain-dependant services cease to operate as desired.
© NL Document Library Ltd